Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Hello from the other side

It's been some time. I am definitely not good at this blogger stuff. A freaking year! Srsly?!!! Anyway, I transitioned from being a chemotherapy/oncology nurse into hospice nursing. It's been an experience.... Here I thought I had problems. I mean we all have problems, but are they really problems if we are full of well-being? We are all allowed to pity ourselves for 5 minutes and then we must move forward. We must. The world has bigger problems. People have bigger problems. I am healthy. My medical issues are somewhat mostly managed. I am breathing, moving, dancing, smiling, laughing, and I'm still alive today, even on the days that are hard and emotional. Hospice has made me so much more aware of that. More appreciative. Yes, I still live with anxiety and too many emotions. I'm still working on myself. To become potentially the best version of myself for me and for the people around me. Hospice has heightened my emotions in so many ways. Some days I feel invincible, resourceful, and fulfilled. Other days I feel beat and devastated. I feel for the fragility of human existence and the experience of human suffering is overwhelming. It's an everyday challenge; like my anxiety or ptsd or whatever. Another sunrise and another reason to get up and share your love. -B P.S I have a random youtube account. Yes I know, I am weird.

No comments: